How can swelling and pain in the legs be treated?

My daughter has an irregular but somewhat round thickening of the skin on outside of left leg. she is fairly dark skin due to some American Indian heritage. At first It was just a round lesion, lighter in middle w/dark outter ring. Now is it has begun to grow another asymetericall form from original lesion.She is 37 years of age & it has been treated for ring worm- also with steroid cream which I thought was not quite smart. Dr. told her it would just go away. But now it is swelling some & her left leg has started to hurt in bone and up leg. Dr. has not done biopsy since she has no insurance. Any advice?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The lesion on the leg needs a direct examination and biopsy to find cause. The pain can be relieved with some pain killers.

I hope this information has been helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal