How can stiff neck and muscle spasms on the upper back be treated?

Good evening I woke up this morning barely able to turn my head. As the day progressed I start having muscle spasm across my upper back I feel it in my spin the base of my kneck into my occipital bone. It’s so painful I can sit up or barely move. Also, this morning my husband did try and massage me and he popped some of those weird bubbles . I tried yoga and that gave me more pain and I can barely take a deep breath
Fri, 13 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It may be due to muscle spasm or lumbar spondylosis with radiculopathy etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. use pain killer with muscle relaxant, use cold and worm compression. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.