How can soreness in the thighs after receiving an IM injection be managed?

My thigh muscle is sore after an IM injection. It feels like the muscle is really hard. Like a tight muscle or knot it s also warm to the touch. I ve had this issue before when I was injection closer to my knee. Once I learned where I was supposed to inject it further up my leg that pain stopped. But now it s back again only not nearly as bad.
Sat, 1 Sep 2018

Soreness and pain is quite common after any injection. Generally, it will settle by it own even without any treatment.

You can take analgesics like Acetaminophen or Tramadol for pain relief. You can also apply warm compresses.

Nothing much to worry and it will settle in couple of days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.