How can sore throat be treated?

I have had a sore throat since I was treated for acute bronchitis. I was given anti biotics & a steroid which took care of the bronchitis but my sore throat never went away. My internal medicine doctor said I had post nasal drip. I do a nasal flush and it seems to help but the sore throat is always there. It seems that my thing that hangs down in my throat is also swollen. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You said you have a post nasal drip which may be a cause of this sore throat. Do you have any nasal problem? If not, then it may be due to your diet which may include spicy foods. Or it may be due to heartburn, the sour water coming to your mouth or it may be due to allergy or recurrent infections. Have you used antihistamine for that? How about your tonsils? Are they enlarged? Take large amount of fluids, do saline gargles 3 times a day and if you have heartburn or any nasal problem, do get treatment for that and your sore throat will be relieved.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Imran Zeb