How can sore throat be treated?

I am trying to figure out what can I do for a sore throat. I have absolutely no symptoms of a cold or flue. It s only the left side of my throat that just came on today. I mainly hurt when I swallow or press on that one left side. I m not on any medication and I m in good health. 35yr old male in Jacksonville, Fl.
Fri, 7 Dec 2018

A sore throat could have been caused due to inflammation of pharyngeal mucosa.

Since you do not have any other symptoms, kindly do the following to overcome it.
1. Do salt water gargling with warm water thrice daily.
2. Take steam inhalation twice daily.
3. Use medicated lozanges when necessary.
4. Take decongestant syrup if needed.
5. Avoid intake of cold foods or beverages.

Gradually, you should be able to overcome the symptom and be back to normal.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ashakiran S,