How can skin cancer be treated?

I have been dealing with squamous cell skin cancer on my neck and ear. My dermatologist wants me to do a chemotherapy peel. I am wondering if this would be safe to use on my hand as I have Lymphedema and have several spots on my hand that need attention. I have had liquid nitrogen used with some problems of infection.
Sat, 30 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately. Based on the history you have shared, though chemotherapy is related to side effects but delaying treatment for squamous cell carcinoma isn't advisable at all. As metastatisis or spread to other parts will make it difficult to be cured. The chemotherapy ma cause decreased immunity and hence Increased chances of infection as you mentioned but adding adequate cover for infection control with antibiotics or anti fungal if needed will help and dermatologist review in that regard should be preferred.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.