Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
170 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can skin burn in the ears be treated?

im panicking because (brace yourself for ultimate stupidity) i read that i could put a warm saline solution into my ear to clear up blockage because ive had muffled hearing in there for a while now and the water was too hot and immediately burned very badly and now i cant hear out my ear at all
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Immediately consult an ENT surgeon and get an otoscopy( visualisation of inner part of ear) to visualise inner part of ear. Do not install anything to the ear. You can apply soframycin ointments to external pet of ea like pins and ear canal.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Fluid Pockets in Outer Ears I periodically get what feels like small cysts or pockets of fluid under the skin of my outer ears, usually close to...