How can skin allergy caused by poison ivy be treated?

I have contracted poison ivy but it has caused my lips to swell (no contact) and then my face to break out in a dark pink place on my face. The itching and contact place was my right hand and it continues to itch and no places occur on other fingers. I was given a steroid injection and hydroxyl pam and topical cream triamcinolone Acetone .5% Nothing has helped it continues to spread on my neck. The majority of all my issues is on the right side of my body.
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your case history of poison ivy rash, my treatment advice is -
1. Avoid using any new products like soap or perfume.
2. Apply a mild antibiotic plus steroid cream like fusiderm-b cream twice daily on it.
3. Take an antihistamine medication like levocetrizine twice daily for 7-10 days.
4. Other treatment options are oral antibiotics, oral steroid taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.