How can shortness of breath at night be treated?

I presently live in Bangalore. I only reached 4-5 days back. I ll be here till the month end. In the night, I m not getting enough sleep, as there is shortness of breath. But in the morning there is no problem at all. What inhaler should I use? This problem had occured the last time I came to bangalore too.
Wed, 18 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The problem that you have mentioned may result from constriction of your windpipe due allergic conditions like atopic asthma or may also be due to obstructive sleep apnea as a result of any blockage in your nose as polyps or deviated nasal septum.

*Use inhaler Salbutamol 2 puffs at night before retiring in bed
*Tab. Montelukast once daily at night
*Use a single stable pillow under your head for sleeping.

If still you feel you have some issue then visit a pulmonologist and ENT surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.