Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
195 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can shingles be treated?

Yes I m pretty sure I ve got shingles I ve had a smaller area around the current please now. It s where I have to use a mirror to see it, it itches, red, yellowish center. My Dr culture did a nares culture & with no surprise it s MRSH. My question is I m not feeling any better still itching with pain down my hip. My ? Is I m not getting better & what needs to be down.
Wed, 17 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I suggest you use antiviral medications such as Aciclovir for about a week, cool compresses and applying antiviral ointment and calamine lotion to the blisters to the affected area.

You can also use paracetamol for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Suela Gjata, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a small rash fro shingles but my left arm is so weak and I cannot grip with my hand. I also (last week) slipped and feel on my elbow, but I...