How can sharp pain on the left side of the head be treated?

I have had a sharp pain on the left side of my head for 5 days now. When to doctor he gave me a muscle relaxer and pain meds. They are not working, it allows me to sleep but once I’m up the stabbing pain starts up again. I need relief ....should I go to the hospital?
Fri, 24 Aug 2018

Does the pain is radiation from forehead to jaw? Does pain is aggravated by wind or airflow? Does pain is burning in nature? If answers of all is yes than condition might be trigeminal neuralgia. Carbamazepine is the drug for it however confirmation of the disease and prescription is required for Carbamazepine so you have to consult physician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.