How can severe pain in the pelvic area after lithotripsy be treated?

Hello. I recently had a Lithrotripsy procedure to get rid of kidney stones (5 days ago) and I was told that there would be bleeding after the procedure but there hasn’t been any. I haven’t passed anything yet but I am in incredible pain. I have constant pain in my pelvic area and pain in my back. It almost feels like there is someone sitting on my stomach and back, or that I got the wind knocked out of me. Is this normal?
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
Hello dear. Welcome to Healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concern. I would recommend you drinking plenty of water to help the stone fragments pass. Some pain may occur when the fragments pass, which begins soon after treatment and may last for up to four to eight weeks. Oral pain medication and drinking lots of water will help relieve symptoms.
Hope my answer was helpful, if yes, vote helpful.
Regards, Dr Olgeta Xhufka ( general and family physician ).