How can severe pain in the lower back be treated?

i slipped on my stairs 3days ago. took the whole hit on the right side of my back. pain from mid to lower back. i went to urgent care and they prescribed a steroid, muscle relaxer, and pain pills. although i am moving around a little better there is a certain spot in mid back that feels like a stabbing pain i cant stand up straight without the pain. how long should i wait for a second opionion
Mon, 8 Jan 2018
since you have a history if injury it takes 3 weeks for the inflammation to resolve,
hi would examine your back for local Bony tenderness,

I would recommend rest for another week,

back pain should be further investigated if after 3 weeks of rest pain persists.