Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
139 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can severe pain in the heels be treated?

my heel has been in severe pain for almost two weeks, I cant put pressure on it. I went to foot doctor he gave me cortizone shot in heel ...ok for one day now pain is back. It also hurts even when no pressure is on it but not as much. I have had gout in the past. About two months ago Mmydoctor put me on amlodopine-valsartan but stopped taking it 5 days ago due to blood pressure is 120/77. I had a xrzy of foot and said there was a calcium buildup....I dont know what to do
Tue, 10 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

First of all, please make it clear whether it is gout which is relapsed or its calcium deposition in soft tissue of heel.

Both require different approach, so consult orthopedic doctor. He will make correct diagnosis and on the basis of which we can start treatment.

For gout different medications like Colchicine, Methotrexate, and Allopurinol etcetera are available which can be started only after prescription.

Calcium deposit can be due to abnormal calcium metabolism which requires treatment of causative conditions.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Hiren Hirpara
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

yes I was in an mva in which I shattered both my heels ( bilateral fractures) when I was 28 yrs old,im now 58 yrs old an have been own a pain...