How can severe pain in the ears be treated?

My right ear is extremely painful. My lymp gland right below ear is swollen and painful. When I swallow or eat I feel like something is crushing. I am on 500 mg of Amoxacillin for 3 months due to an infection of Entroccaus. I have had 35 or 40 earache problems in my life. 20 years ago I developed a mastoid condition in my left ear this lymp gland problem has been going on for3 weeks
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Most probably you might be suffering from otitis externa(inflammation of the outer ear ) or parotitis(inflammation of the parotid gland below the ear). Continue taking Antibiotic:Amoxycillin. Also take Analgesic with Antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen,along with Antacid like Rantac. Don't clean your ear by self. If there is no improvement in reduction of lymph glands,then it would be advisable to have an Ultrasound examination of that area(USG),along with a fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of the lymph swelling for the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.