How can severe pain in the arm be treated?

i am a 69 yr old woman,i shattered my elbow in august. after the 4th surgery all the plates and pins had to be tremoved due to osteomyalitis infection. i an now on home infussion antibiotics. i am scared, right now they talk about a floppy arm. the pain in my arm is unbearable most of the time. no one can tell me if the pain is perminent..i dont know what to expect,and if i can live with this life changing proceedure. my drs words..
Fri, 22 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your doctor should perform you a culture of puss aspirated to determine the right antibiotic that works for you.
You should even change implant.
There is still hope that you will get better.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.