Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
195 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can severe muscle pain and spasms in the shoulders be treated?

I am currently experiencing severe muscle pain and spasms in my shoulders. I have knots the size of ping pong balls just above my shoulder blades. I have tried moist heat, ice. and otc lidoderm pain patches. I have also tried my tins unit. Nothing seems to be giving me any relief. I have an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in neck problems, have had neck surgery, and also have a general orthopedic surgeon. What type of doctor do suggest I try to see at this time. I am at the point of tears I am in so much pain. @
Fri, 31 Aug 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It might be due to musculoskeletal problem like rotator cuff injury or a torn ligament.

You can consult an orthopedician specialized in sport medicine and get evaluated.

You might require an MRI scan for further assessment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I recently starting painting a condo I just moved into. After the first night of painting the cathedral ceilings, I was in pain ... I thought I had...