How can severe muscle pain and spasms in the shoulders be treated?

I am currently experiencing severe muscle pain and spasms in my shoulders. I have knots the size of ping pong balls just above my shoulder blades. I have tried moist heat, ice. and otc lidoderm pain patches. I have also tried my tins unit. Nothing seems to be giving me any relief. I have an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in neck problems, have had neck surgery, and also have a general orthopedic surgeon. What type of doctor do suggest I try to see at this time. I am at the point of tears I am in so much pain. @
Fri, 31 Aug 2018

It might be due to musculoskeletal problem like rotator cuff injury or a torn ligament.

You can consult an orthopedician specialized in sport medicine and get evaluated.

You might require an MRI scan for further assessment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.