How can severe itching on the scalp be treated despite trying Lubriderm and various other oils?

I am troubled with a very itchy scalp. I have been advised by several doctors to shampoo often. My scalp starts to itch about two or three hours after shampooing. I have used overnight treatments to no relief. I have used various oil and lubriderm. Do you have any other remedies?
Tue, 25 Sep 2018

You can use ketoconazole shampoo to treat scalp itch. If you are allergic to a particular shampoo, you can change the brand of Ketoconazole shampoo. Take an antihistamine tablet for the treatment of itch.

If your itch is due to dry scalp, you could use a moisturizing shampoo after using ketoconazole shampoo. If your symptoms occur again even after following the above measures, do consult your Dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.