How can severe headaches and neck pain be treated?

I have a very sore headache and neck pain and it wont seem to go away I took paracetamol half an hour ago and still no change, it tends to be when I lie down the headache gets worse. It even woke me from my sleep and now I can’t seem to get back to sleep at all
Wed, 8 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your features are suggestive of migrainous headache. Severe headache aggregates during movement, with light an noise, associated with nausea and vomiting are main features of migrainous headache. Medications like analgesic and beta blockers will help you to relieve your headache. I will advice you to visit your doctor for prescriptive medication.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Purva Patel