Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
130 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can severe headache be treated?

My husband had a brain bleed and stroke in 2008. He is now disabled but can function fairly well at home on his own. This week he has had a headache all week and is in bed. His doctor told him to take hydrocodone and ibuprofin and to stay in bed. I am confused, his health is declining. Any advice as to what we can do?n
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Do neurology consult and I think you should have CT or MRI brain to look for any abnormality which is causing a headache.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have been experiencing severe headaches the last several weeks/months. It is in the back of my head towards the base of my skull. Sometimes it...