How can severe chest congestion be treated?

my grandfather is 85 year old ,he is hospitalised yesterday due to severe congestion its been a one day,his condition is not improving what to do ? shud i take him to another hospital or wait for few more hours? His TLC count is low, oxygen level is low.
Tue, 13 Feb 2018

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As"per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -

1)Do a physical examination by your treating Doctor[Pulmonologist] and do few investigations like [CBC with differential, Chest X-ray, pulse oximeter, and a kidney function test]

2)Discuss with your Doctor about specific antibiotics as per sputum culture report to heal quickly.

3)Drink plenty of fluids as well as herbal tea to loosen the phlegm and mucus. Try to avoid cold or cough medicines that suppress a cough.

4)If there is problem in breathing then discuss with your Doctor to add oxygen.

Do follow few preventive steps like this -

1)Try to avoid smoking and to keep your immune system strong, Get enough sleep, exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet.

2)Try to wash hands regularly use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and try to cover your face while facing crowd.

3)Discuss regular vaccinations with your treating Doctor.

Hope that helps