How can severe anxiety and panic attacks be treated?

I have been applying to institutes/universities for a possible phd position but I m getting rejected. I don t want to give up my dreams of doing phd. But now the pressure is turning on me. The fear of failure is too great on me. Can you please help me?
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your problem and I think you push your self over the limits. Before thinking of failure sit down and think about things you have reached in life, about beautiful things you have and what you have done. Before applying in other institutes, I will suggest to have a period of vacation for your own to stop thinking for PhD.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Panic attacks are always due to underlying anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorder needs to be treated and cured from root to treat the panic attacks. I suggest counseling and psychotherapy.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. K. V. Anand