Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

How can scratches and swelling on the hands be treated ?

I was scratched by a small girl with her nails. It developed into a swelling. I washed it with dettol after some ten minutes. Is this enough or do i need a vaccine? Can I masturbate with my hands now?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If there is any redness, pain and oozing you can apply antibiotic ointment like FUCIDIN for relief from infection. You do not need to get any vaccine for this. You may use your hands for any activity which does not cause pain or discomfort. Keep the wound away from water, preferrably in a band aid dressing or antibiotic ointment.
Answered: Tue, 6 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, there is no any serious prob occure due to scratching. so do not worry . swelling appeare due to local inflamation , it can subside gradually after some day. this is not infectious so that you can do any thing.
Answered: Tue, 6 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor