How can sciatic pain be treated?

I have had sciatic pain for the last 4 months. Had an MRI done and it show bulging disk 2 in the lumbar and 1 in the sacrum. I have been doing private yoga (one on one) and the exercises in the basic back book, but its not getting better. I have an appointment with a pain management doctor next week (after 3 month wait). What will they do for me there? Do you think I will need surgery?
Thu, 15 Jun 2017

Some advices that I can give to you are:
• Take over-the-counter pain relievers such as acetaminophen, aspirin, or NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen, or Naproxen (Aleve)
• Take muscle relaxants to ease muscle spasms
• Take opioids for more severe pain
• Do stretching or exercises that relieve the pain

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi