How can scalp psoriasis be treated?

I have fought what I had been told was scalp psoriasis for 25 yrs and it s getting to the point I can hardly tolerate the discomfort anymore. My dermatologist has been treating me with med s such as methotrexate, Enbrel, (and two other drugs that the name escapes me at the moment) for the past year and nothing helps. I have intense itching, scaling, heavy flaking, and it keeps spreading, etc. I use Derma-Smooth for relief about 3 x s a week.......I have little next to no relief. I am now taking plaquenil 20 mg 1 x daily, have been on for two weeks. Today I have broken out with a rash on my upper chest, between breasts, back of neck and the scalp itch is almost unbearable. Dr wants me to try for 6 more weeks, I cannot do that. Am thinking of turning to my primary doctor. Any other suggestions. Thank you.
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Very difficult to cure completely complete Ayurveda treatment required Vamana and Virechana shodhan required completely. You can send me your details completely n any time you can consult me online. Explain everything about your health problems. Your diet chart so I will provide you better solution.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.