How can ring worm infection in the groin area and hips be treated?

I have a crescent shaped ring worm that developed near my bikini line and now on the back of my hip above my buttocks. My doctor says it is a ringworm but most of the pictures I have found online are perfect circles and mine is more of a crescent. First it was a small Crescent and now it has gotten into a bigger wider Crescent
Fri, 31 Aug 2018

Have you applied any cream containing steroid? In such cases, the steroid can modify the ring-shaped lesion to a crescent shape. Such modified ring worm is called as Tinea incognito.

I recommend you to follow the treatment advised by your doctor,

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.