How can redness and tenderness on the skin be treated?

Hi I did the salt and ice challenge 3 times after losing a bet with friends. The skin has turned dark red and is very tender. One of them is fading, the other is very sore and the last one is still yellow and painful. Will this scar? Is there anything I can do to prevent scarring? Thanks!
Mon, 17 Dec 2018

Your symptoms seem to be related to ice burn. I recommend you to clean the area and bandage it to help keep it free from dirt or germs.

Use gauze that won't stick to your skin. I suggest applying a soothing ointment to the affected area. To relieve pain, consider taking an over-the-counter pain reliever such as Ibuprofen.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician