How can recurrent chest pain be treated?

Um. So ive had this chest pain since 10th grade. My doctor says it is stress but i dont know if it is. It is off and on again but its like a 50/50 on if im stressed or not. It also makes it weird to breathe its on the left side of my chest in the middle. All i ever hear is you vitals are fine your breathing is fine your heart is fine. Is there anything it could be?
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per my clinical experience, this type of recurrent chest pain is associated with underlying anxiety giving systemic manifestation.

My recommendations at present
- Consult an expert psychiatrist to find out the root cause and manage accordingly (as it requires to evaluate for the childhood trauma).
- Drink plenty of liquids to maintain hydration.
- Avoid stress, anxiety.
- Manage to have regular sound sleep of 8 hours.
- Avoid smoking or alcohol if using.

Thanks.