Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
181 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can priapism be treated?

Hello Dr. I have a problem with my Penis. sometimes it stays active or erects the whole night even after sex. what i don t understand is that it erects even when am not thinking about sex for example when am a sleep. at night it erects till morning n causes me pain. advice please, what should i do.
Tue, 18 Apr 2017
Report Abuse
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi, I think you have got ischemic priapism. Get yourself examined by a urologist. You may need a colour doppler for the correct diagnosis. Also rule out sickle cell anemia by blood tests. Medicines and surgery is available for treatment.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My question is related to my boyfriend who has suffered from Priapism. It has occured after the onset of us making out. It happened most recently...