How can post nasal drip be treated?

hello how are you sir I have had constant coughing and drip in throat after runny nose tightness in throat went to doc last Tuesday said I had upper respitory infection prescriced Keflex and cetephalin cough medicine I still have drip one week later no work one week please help
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may find relief by taking the following medications: Antiallergic like Levocetrizine, Decongestant like phenylephrine(take only if not suffering from hypertension), Mucolytic like Ambroxol, Antacid like Rantac, Nasal decongestant spray like Oxymetazoline. Drink lots of warm fluids. Do steam inhalation. Avoid cold and sweet food as they increase mucus production.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.