How can popping sensation in the ears and poor hearing be managed?

I had a severe sinus infection which led to fluid building up in my ears. I went to an ENT and was told after a hearing test that the only treatment was to have tubes inserted in both ears, which I did. My hearing was affected with the sinus infection and has not gotten any better. My ears constantly pop and hearing worse. My Dr. tells me to be patient but my balance is also affected, I have fallen twice recently and not sure how to proceed. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Thu, 12 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Most probably your problem is middle ear fluid build up, eustachian tube block, normally for this grommet tubes are used. Constant popping causes the rings to loose out and tube closes once again causing the problem.
Also if the grommet tubes are in place you may have developed middle ear infection, acute vestibular neuronitis, acute labrynthitis.
All of these causes loss of balance along with auditory loss, you need to take a CT scan to assess the extent and mode of the problem.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact.