How can poor immunity be treated?

First I should say I have RA so take Enbrel and have a weakened immune system. Also, I did take a flu shot in the fall. Now I have all the symptoms (on and off for about a week) of all the usual flu symptoms except a fever. I tell myself if I have a fever, then I don t have the flu -- right?
Thu, 10 May 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The flu vaccine is a live attenuated vaccine. In immunocompromised patients, this vaccine can itself cause disease. Since you are taking Enbrel for RA, your immunity would be lower and hence flu vaccine has caused you flu disease. So better to drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated. Take Paracetamol and Levocetirizine combination twice daily. Do warm water gargles and steam inhalation 4-5 times a day. Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar