Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
178 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can phimosis be treated?

hi I am a 65year old male and am uncircumcised. In the past I have had yeast infections very seldom but recently the foreskin shrank at the tip of my penis and I washed and used my wives yeast infection medicine As in the past. My mother passed away after a short illness and I couldn t use it regularly for 7 days like before. The redness is gone but the foreskin is still tight at the tip. what do I need to do to cure. This problem? There is no itching or burning
Mon, 20 Feb 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear
I understand your concern
Your phimosis could be due to fungus infection.
I would suggest to consult your physician to know severity of phimosis.
For partial phimosis:
Apply hot bath and then apply steroid ointment
And foreskin should be pulled back forcefully under advise of your physician.
If it will not responds to above treatment then circumcision is require
Maintain proper pelvic hygiene
Daily wash with warm water by pulling the foreskin back
Hope this may help you
Best regards
Dr. Sagar
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor. I am 21 years old. I cannot retract my foreskin completely because there is a small joint with the penis. Because of this incomplete...