How can persistent swelling in the lower legs due to a Baker s cyst be treated?

i have persistant swelling and pain in my lower left leg. ultra scan shows no DVT and dimer blood test shows no clotting. Ultra scan did show a bakers cyst which doctor treated with cortisone shot. and hot compresses . condition is lingering and i am worried that ther is an infection of some type. i do not want to lose my leg. Any suggestions for treatment or type of doctor to see ..this is going on 4weeks .
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Baker cyst is not a serious condition and can be treated effectively. If the cyst persists, you can go for surgical excision. Consult an orthopedic and he will direct you accordingly. Wishing you good health.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shinas Hussain