Hello dear. Some lifestyle alterations might help reduce migraine frequency. These include:
1. Getting enough sleep
2. Reducing stress
3. Drinking plenty of water
4. Avoiding certain foods
5. Regular physical exercise.
Migraine treatment (abortive therapies) and prevention (prophylactic therapies) focus on avoiding triggers, controlling symptoms and taking medicines.
Migraine is mainly treated by giving Paracetamol
tablets. If the pain doesnot subside other medications may be tried.
Other prescription medications used to relieve the pain of migraine include the triptans, for example,
1. sumatriptan (Imitrex, Alsuma, Imitrex STATdose System, Sumavel DosePro, Zecuity, Treximet)
3. eletriptan (Relpax)
6. almotriptan (Axert), and
• Go to bed and wake up on the same time.
• Exercise: regular exercising improves the quality of sleep and reduces frequency and severity
of migraine headaches.
• Avoiding prolonged fasting and not skipping meals.
• Limit caffeine intake to two cups/day.
• Avoid bright light, can wear sunglasses to avoid the trigger of sunlight.
• Identify what food causes migraine and avoid it.
• stress-management training.
Hope i have answered your question. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. I ll be glad to help you.
All the best
With warm regards
Dr Sanjay Kini