How can persistent cough with sore throat and blocked sinuses be treated?

Hi! I have had cold/bronchial like symptoms for weeks now... light sore throat, stuffed sinuses, I am constantly coughing up green mucous and it doesn t seem to be subsiding. I lost my voice last week for a few days and made a drink of Braggs cider vinegar, water and honey warmed and sipped which helped. This cough is driving me crazy! I am 59 years old, no allergies that I know of, a bit portly and in perfect health with the exception of this (going on over 10 day) condition... I also work with disabled preschoolers who always seem to have something ... should I head to the local health center for a check up if things don t get better by Monday? This has been coming and going since May 15th or so. Oh yes, I have also been using my netty pot for the stuffiness.
Wed, 11 Sep 2019

It may be due to upper respiratory tract infection.

You may require antibiotics, complete hemogram,, chest X Ray, throat swab after physician consultation.

Take steam inhalation and Betadine gargle twice a day.

You can apply nasal saline drops and take cough syrup containing phenylephrine.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam Kale
Family and general physician