How can painful edema in the lower legs be treated?

I am a 45 yo female smoker. Weight 240lbs. Gained 100lbs over the last year and a half since I got sober. Have controlled high cholesterol, and an old diagnosis of Hashimoto s disease and taking synthroid for it. My bp is normal as i test it regularly. Recently, I have edema in my lower extremity, mostly my right leg. Worsens after a days work. The swelling causes pain in my right ankle area, where rotating my foot causes dull pain from the stretching of my endemic skin. I can feel the stretch up my leg, but not past my knee. My left leg has much less swelling around the ankle area and I can rotate it without any trouble. Also i have just been feeling bloated all over my body. I feel it mostly when I wake up in the morning and less as the day goes by but still bloated. Thank u, Reema
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

you can take tramadol and paracetamol combination 2times a day for five days
tale azithromycin twice a day for five days take omeprazole twice a day for five days

don't move your leg unnecessary
take rest

do Doppler of affect site .

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.