How can pain in the right hip and buttocks be managed in a person who has been diagnosed with arthritis?

I had left knee replacement surgery 3 months ago. About 4 weeks after surgery, I started having a lot of right hip/buttocks pain especially when walking or climbing stairs. However, also painful to touch or lying on that side. X-rays show only minimal arthritis. I ve been doing physical therapy, but no improvement.
Thu, 27 Jun 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to sciatica pain.

I suggest using anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.

I also recommend physical therapy to relieve pain.

If the symptoms continue I recommend consulting a neurologist for further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response

The pain in the hip and buttocks can be related to ankylosing spondylosis. You need to consult an orthopedician for proper prescriptions.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon