How can pain in the nostrils be treated?

I had the flu and I was just recovering and now the inside of my nostril stings, especially nearer to the back near my throat and my nose is running down the back of my throat causing me to spit out the mucus, do you have any idea what it could be and if there s anything to ease the stinging as I cant sleep because of it. Thanks.
Wed, 25 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my clinical experience, the current pain is due to mucosal irritation via inflammation through respiratory tract infection.
* Primary guidelines for better recovery

- Inhalation of vapors of boiled water added tincture benzoin with blanket over the head.
- Prescription of decongestant, antibiotic with cough formulas .

Wish this information will clear your doubt.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.