Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can pain in the lower back be treated?

My husband has rotator cuff issues. And arthritis in his shoulder. He recently saw the doctor and got a steroid shot. He does physical therapy. This afternoon his shoulder started to droop. He has pain in his lower back on the same side. He took alleve and it seems to help, but he is still leaning . Does he need to see the doctor today?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes, as you say, his shoulder drooped that means there is a spasm of the muscle. He needs to be examined for what has happened to his shoulder muscles.

If any palsy has happened then he needs immediate treatment. Klumpkes palsy and other nerve palsies of the back can be found out only with proper examination. So, kindly take him to orthopedician.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Akhtarhusain
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have Medica/Medicare Ins., where is the best and nearest upper back, middle back and lower back surgeon by my home? I ve been suffering with...