Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
181 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can pain and swelling under the eyes be treated?

I was hit in the face by a very heavy flash light last nibht. I was hit right below my eye. No bruising with very little swelling. However it still hurts a lot. It hurts when I blink. I have slight blurred vision. Also my eyeball will randomly twitch. Should I see a dr?
Wed, 21 Feb 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello,my name is Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi. I understand your concern.
Some advices that I can give to you are:
-Soak a clean washcloth in very warm water and put it over the stye (wash your hands first). Do this for 5 to 10 minutes several times a day.
-Gently massage the area while the washcloth is over your eye.
-Clean your eyelid with a cotton swab soaked in watered-down baby ("no tears") shampoo every day or two.
-Use eye drops
If it doesn't get better service and ophthalmologist.
Hope it helps.
Kind regards!
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi,I was suffering from redness in my right eye..I visited doctor..he said may be I am allegergic to contact lens which I am currently using..he...