How can pain and swelling on the upper eyelid be treated?

So recently my upper eyelid has swelled up and it s getting pretty big, reddish, and its hurts to the touch and the same eye of my lower eyelid has something akin to a stye on it but more towards the center. Is there anything you could reccomend I try before actually going to a doctor?
Fri, 20 Jul 2018
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

That does sound like stye. Do hot fomentation with a hot cloth for six times a day and use some antibiotics . Once it's settled you get your refraction done please as not wearing adequate spectacle power can also cause recurrent and multiple styes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.