How can pain and swelling in the knees be treated?

I have loose patellas and I wear knee braces and the other day my knee cap went out in the brace but not completely. Normally after 24 hours I am fine but it has been 4 days now and my knee is still swollen and causing pain and I can feel it shift sometimes when I walk.
Sat, 14 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Pain and swelling in the knee may be due to arthritis or infection or trauma etc. Take rest , use cold and heat compression . Use pain killers medication. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.