Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
186 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can pain and swelling in the knees be treated?

I over worked my knee while doing a physical work out. It was sore especially on the inside. It had general swelling which improved after a week along with the pain, but suddenly a bulge or lump appeared on the front of my knee below the cap. It is firm, hard and painless. Will it go away over t
Thu, 22 Mar 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You really overworked your knee. Please apply cold compresses locally and anti-inflammatory cream or spray locally. Take oral anti-inflammatory meds (ibuprofen or naproxen). Massage with essential oils (like a silver bird) locally. If still the same, should see an orthopedic specialist and run MRI and x-ray of the knee.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Albana Sejdini
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have left knee pain all of a sudden after sitting on the couch. It is difficult to walk or put weight on my knee. No injury to the knee. I did...