Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How can one regulate the irregular periods ?

how can one regulate the irregular periods...i am 32 yrs old unmarried and my tests are normal
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Firstly your gynaecologist needs to examine you for any problems in the reproductive tract. After that you may be started on Combined OC pills which usually work best in regularising cycles.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
you should take the hormonal tablet like malan or malad type of hormonal tablets .other than one of the family planning method , it regulates the menstruation. you should start on the fifth day of period upto 21 days then no tablets upto should take it for 3months.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Since you are unmarried and all your tests are normal, it is unnecessary to regularise the periods. Let the periods come whenever they want. Don't invite them. There is no harm if the periods are irregular. We need to regularise the period only for conceiving.
The hormones that you take to regularise the period may cause hormonal imbalance and heavy bleeding.
Best is to leave it as it is. Only condition in which you need to consult a gynecologist is when there is heavy flow.
All the best.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor