How can one manage headache and ringing ear caused after a nose fracture?

Had a nose fracture from trash can lid falling straight down on my nose in Mid January with no bleeding after injury just a little bit of clear fluid coming from right side. There was mild bruising and swelling. My septum was not deviated. I have had night sweats cold hands and feet occasionally starting two weeks after. Ears ringing and can feel my pulse in my right ear. I have had pressure headaches and the base of my neck hurts especially when I am standing and increases as the day goes on. I have had a CT and MRI both without contrast done and only find a atelcctasis mucosel thickening within the right maxillary sinus. Sinus infection on right side that will not clear up. A bacteria called Pantoea. I have been on several antibiotics since Jan 26th 2015 currently on nasal nebulizer. When the weather changes my symptoms of pressure headaches worsen. Also when the AC blows on my face I feel pain through my nose to the base of my skull. I feel pressure throughout my head especially the sides of my temples and base of neck and sometimes mid spine. ENT Drs not sure why infection is not going away and why I have headaches or ringing in ears.
Wed, 24 Apr 2019

The specific history of clear fluid from one nostril after fracture indicates that you possibly had a fracture of skull base thus cause the connection between nose and brain.

I would advise you the following.

Consult an ENT Surgeon who is specialised in dealing such cases, investigations needed are special like spinal fluid manometry, Ventriculogram and so on to know whether there is a connection between the two and get operated or so as per the findings.

Till then do not blow nose. Identify the factors that increase your symptoms and avoid such things. Avoid the activities that increase the pressure. Also, get the blood pressure checked regularly and treated if increased. Serum electrolytes may show some irregularity to be corrected if required.

I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T Chandrakant, ENT & General Surgeon