Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

How can one get rid of pubic hair ?

I am a twelve year old girl that is 5 feet 3 inches and weighs 130 Ilbs.. I have really annoying pubic hair that sticks out of swimsuits and leotards for dance, and it s really embarassing! I want to trim or shave it but I have to go to the doctor soon and what will he think!? And will he tell my dad?!? That s Embarassing!!! Please help!!
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
There is no harm at all in trimming your pubic hair if that is embarrassing you specially in swimming and dancing time. You may use cream, an electric or a razor with a blade. You must be very careful while using the razor or you may injure your self. Creams also may touch your private parts in the genitalia. This may cause irritation.
Please feel free to talk to your doctor. Usually doctors are very helpful and understanding.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor