Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

How can one get rid of mental abuse?

My four grown children say my husband is a mental abuser and that he is abusing both my one grown son who moved back in with us about two months ago and myself. I know for a fact he is mentally abusing my son, glaring eyes, getting on his back (when I am not around). Telling him he is useless because he is having trouble getting a job. How can I stop this and how do I know he is abusing me. We have been married 40 years, I do not know what to do.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Your husband is not happy with your son, which is leading to adjustment problem between him and your son. As a mother, you can discuss about difficulties faced by your son, with your husband.

Try to find out problem which is leading to adjustment problems, like not getting job is one of the problem. After findings start working on solutions of problems and involve your husband actively in problem solving.

Sometime stress, anxiety and depression may also lead to irritable behavior, in that expert like psychiatrist help may be needed.

Wish you Good Health and all the best.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor