Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

How can one be free from skin rashes since long ?

my gf has been having issues with her skin most of her life she 20 years old and as a child she would get these rashes that covers her body..she says it happens a couple times a year which i find not normal...she also has acne and break out in rashes if shes overheating or her body temperature too high..she used to take doctor prescribed medince for the rash, but the was years ago...well now we dont have much money or insurance..and every rash cream we use dont work plus shes allergic to SPF in sunscreen she has rashes from that too what do she need a dermatologist?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...dear user..,
Thanks for choosing HCM.,
Skin rash since child hood and associated with Acne..,
could be due to Hormonal hyperactivity...,
She has having seasonal Allergy with Mast cell degranulation...,
hence she is getting frequently this problem...,
Treatment is ...
1) Avoid the triggers like...cold touch, Bitter fumes, Dust, etc..,
2) Tab..Fexofenadine 180 mg for 30 days....
after 2 tab weekly for 5 months...,
3) Tab Betamethasone 0.5 mg 2 tabs /day for 5 days..,
1 tab /day for 5 days, 2 tabs / weekly for 4 weeks.,
weekly once for 6 months..,( Pulse therapy)
4) Mast cell Sodium cromoglicate,nedocromil..,
Follow this remission will occur ok..,bye

Answered: Fri, 20 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
Diabetologist Dr. Sudharshan's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,
Since her problem is from childhood its better to find out the triggering factor for the rashes and get a proper treatment.
Better to consult a good dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.

Hope I have answered ur question.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor