How can obssesive behaviour be managed?

Hey doctor , i am a 19 year old girl. My mother passed away when i was young. Over the years i have seen myself being in love with people to the point where not getting a message from them would hurt me. At first i thought it was just the need for motherly love but i have seen that i become so close to that person that it seems as if i am being a stalker. i always long for goodnight messages, have a good day messages from them and just want them to notice me. when they do something to me i get offended and just want hugs from them. seeing them makes me happy even through i am upset at them. i have even started running away from them. this things on on and on where for people people i thought it was just the need for a sister but sometimes i imagine myself being a male and have more opportunities to be with them more. could this be a way of being a lesbian or a form of being obsessed ?how can one treat this and what are the causes? thanks so much. will honestly appreciate your advice
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

That's not like being a lesbian nor like being obsessed. It's you having clinging nature towards others. That's quiet common. It goes away when you become busy at your work. After your marriage, while being busy with children and your family, go for a walk daily, exercise for 2-3 days in a week. Try to cut down mobile usage, meet friends beside your home, spend time with them. Start a hobby.

I hope I have answered your query.

Feel free to ask further questions.