Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

186 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can obssesive behaviour be managed?

Hey doctor , i am a 19 year old girl. My mother passed away when i was young. Over the years i have seen myself being in love with people to the point where not getting a message from them would hurt me. At first i thought it was just the need for motherly love but i have seen that i become so close to that person that it seems as if i am being a stalker. i always long for goodnight messages, have a good day messages from them and just want them to notice me. when they do something to me i get offended and just want hugs from them. seeing them makes me happy even through i am upset at them. i have even started running away from them. this things on on and on where for people people i thought it was just the need for a sister but sometimes i imagine myself being a male and have more opportunities to be with them more. could this be a way of being a lesbian or a form of being obsessed ?how can one treat this and what are the causes? thanks so much. will honestly appreciate your advice
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

That's not like being a lesbian nor like being obsessed. It's you having clinging nature towards others. That's quiet common. It goes away when you become busy at your work. After your marriage, while being busy with children and your family, go for a walk daily, exercise for 2-3 days in a week. Try to cut down mobile usage, meet friends beside your home, spend time with them. Start a hobby.

I hope I have answered your query.

Feel free to ask further questions.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi my child is ten years old has had some very defiant attutude of behaviors i should say we moved her to a new program and she excelled tremendously oa whole new child. now as of yesterday because she did want to walk to toilet she pooped on a towel and then taunted her sister and brother with it! i dont know what to do or how to approach this

doctor1 MD

My son is 42. He has mental illness and gets an injection of Haldol once a month. He went out and did a lot of meth as he has not slept in days. He has a history of meth use. Anyway, he is becoming psychotic , talking to self and people who are not there. He needs to sleep. He has Benztropine which I keep for him. Would one make him go to sleep??? I think he has been up for about 4 days

doctor1 MD

wow I don t no where to start in one moment shes great until she suspects any stupid reason not to. I cant talk to no one especialy a female but however they seam not to forget anything that hurt them in the past no matter how long ago it was very violent, controlling and unpredictable .what u suggest